Monday, July 1, 2013

A Candle and A Candle Stick Maker

July 1, 2013 All right family. So parents are off at trek, so that’s cool. I’m just chillin out here in Texas. It’s been nice and warm, around 95-100 and seems like it’s just getting started. We would love some rain. The ground drys up really fast out here where I am. We just got told about transfers and I’m staying here with Elder F for at least one more! I’m really excited. Elder F is great and we get along really well. I’m pumped to see what happens with the district. Out of the 11 only 5 of us are staying and 5 of the 11 are training and 2 of those are sisters that just finished their first 12 weeks in the mission! How crazy is that! Man if I had had to train after just 12 weeks I would have died I think. But no, I’m going to be out here with Elder Free for 6 more weeks and I feel like it will go great. So cool thing. This week we were able to have a mini-mission day in the Stake and the young men and women of the Stake came out with us and would be missionaries for a day. We would do studies with them and eat with them and then go out to work. So I was out with this kid on bikes. His name is Candalario (he said it means candle?). That was fun because Chandler means candlestick maker! Cool right. Well we were on bikes all day and we taught like 5 lessons! He is a great kid. He is 16 and just was rockin it. About halfway through the day we found out that it was like 103 or something but it was a great day. It’s cool to see how much light there is in people who are wanting to learn more and who are willing to work. I wish I could have gone out with the missionaries when I was at home. I see now how much it would have helped me out and I really hope I get to when I come home. I love ya’ll and hope you have a great day/week. Love, Elder Birks

No comments:

Post a Comment