Monday, July 22, 2013

Finally a wedding!!


Hi family. We had a wedding! Wow Spanish people are awesome! They rented a hummer limo and had the church decorated up all crazy with this way big star behind the head table and it was super crazy. I got to sit with some non-members and they were really cool and we just got to talk about coming to Texas to serve and things like that. Its kinda funny because we speak Spanish. It just blows some peoples minds. They just look at us and are like ‘but he’s white?’ haha it’s great. Then we explain why we speak it and they are like ‘wow that’s some real dedication to come out and do that’. I love non-members. They’re so funny. They must all think that we are so crazy. Haha. It was really cool, during the wedding  when the bride V* was getting to the church (she got there like an hour late because of car problems!) and so lets just say they were in a rush, V* still stopped and had the missionaries come in and get a picture with us. It was really cool. I really didn’t think it was going to happen like that. She looked so happy and I know that God was happy too. They might have had a bigger wedding then they needed to but they are now living the way that God wants them to and because of that they are both getting baptized this Thursday, the 25th, and then even more blessings are going to come to them. I love that God will always provide a way for us to follow his commandments, always. 1 Nephi 3:7 talks about that and I have come to know that that is true. This last week we had almost no time in our area to work. We were helping set up the wedding and setting up for a baptism and we had a meting or two and we really only got to work our area for probably like 8-10 hours max and we didn’t do all that bad. People would look at it and think that we did ok for a full week but if they knew how much time we had they would be shocked I think. I was. We did what we needed to and then we worked when we had the time to and everything just came together. I know that if we have the faith to put in our part the Lord will do the rest and that we will see miracles just happen. The song ‘Be still my soul’ just came into my mind and I feel like that works well with this. God has our back and He will never let us fall when we are willing to lean on him.

Love,
Elder Birks

No comments:

Post a Comment