Monday, July 8, 2013
Training Wheels Back On
7/8/13
Hi Mom.
I’m sorry trek tried to kill you but I’m glad that you won! I loved the picture and thought it was great how ya’ll looked all pioneerish and then everyone is rockin sneakers haha and yours are pink! Nice.
Well did I tell ya’ll that I’m training with Elder F this time and that our kid is awesome! His name is Elder S and he is great. He is from Pennsylvania, Philli. and has moved all around. He loves sports and makes me think a lot of Josh Green (if Josh had come on a mission). He is great at Spanish so phew and he loves to bike! He is fast so that’s good. I’ve been having a ton of fun with him and Elder Free as well. We have been working hard and just doing tons of service. I got to paint baseboards at a less actives house and it was great! I loved being able to go and just work for a few hours. It was great because they only had like a little tiny roll of blue painters tape so we tore it in half and made it last twice as long. Plus, because we helped out THEY CAME TO CHURCH!!! I was so happy I like almost started to cry when they walked in halfway through sacrament meeting. That was my fast for the day and it happened. I have been trying for 13 weeks to get them to church and they came. I was so pumped! They said they will come next week!
So cool thing that happened real quick. So I really like to do service and have a really strong testimony that it brings miracles. So we were biking around and went by this park and there was this group of people setting stuff up and we were on our way to an appointment but had a few minutes so as I biked by I said “Could you use a hand?” and they said “Yes!” So we went over and helped set up a volleyball net and the cool things (or one of them was) that one of the Elders I was with has the same net at home so he knew how to set it up! We found out that the lady setting it up was baptized when she was a teenager and she invited us to come back and talk to her and her 3 kids, all who are over 8, and then she set a time and a day. POW! Service rocks. We told the English Elders and they went by and I still don’t know what happened but I feel we did our part.
Well that’s all my time for today. I hope you have a great week.
Love,
Elder Birks
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

He is the sweetest Elder I know, and I know some great ones. What a great testimony of service, I sure love that kid!
ReplyDelete