Tuesday, July 30, 2013

A Baptism! and flat tires



What’s up ya’ll? So we had a baptism!! And it was great! I got to baptize V* and that was sweet. She was really great and has been super nice to us for such a long time that it felt great to be able to help her make a promise with God like that so that was great.

This week was interesting because we had a few things happen that you would think would like ruin a week. We had flat tires and people got sick and just things that keep you inside and yet it was crazy how the Lord blessed us. I popped my tire like twice this week, haha. I had to buy a new tire because it was a blowout. Ok but yeah, I got some flat tires and had different cool things happen because cool things always happen when you pop your tires. (It almost makes it worth it haha) but we were able to teach so much this week and I’ve just been trying to understand how and I really can’t make it make sense in my head. We did not have the time to do what we did. With the baptism and all that planning and interviews with President and Elder F* getting sick it was just crazy and yet the Lord let us work and use the time that we had to build our area. I love that as we try and do the work we see how small we are. We see that when we try to do it our way it just won’t work out right, but when we are willing to listen to the Spirit and be obedient then there will be so much to do that you won’t feel like there is time to do it but it will still get done. 

So I can’t even describe how fast time is moving right now. It blows my mind. It’s strange to think that this life as a missionary isn’t forever and that one day….things will change. It’s strange to be with Elder S* and Elder F*, one who is just starting and one who is just finishing up and here I am in the middle (kinda) and I feel like I’ve only just blinked and yet POW here I am.

I’ve had the chance to see people who I have worked with grow so much. The other day during the baptism I bumped into Hna A* from a previous ward and she came running up to me and told me that she got called as the new Relief Society President. When I was in the ward she was on and off less active because of work and now she has that new calling. She is one of my favorite people out here. She makes me think of mom a lot and she says I make her think of her son. I really love that the Lord puts us where we need to be and that he trusts us to take care of what we have but also that He will always be there to help us with it.

I have no more time so I’m out but I love ya’ll and hope you have a great week.

I’ll see ya,
Elder Birks

No comments:

Post a Comment