Monday, July 15, 2013

If you're happy and you know it...


Well I’ve been having a good week. There has been a lot going on over here. L* and V* are getting married this week and that’s super sweet. Then there is a baptism that’s going to happen and there are just things to do and it’s been fun. So I’ve been learning some new things this week. One is that to be happy is one of the best things I think I’ve ever decided to work on and that it is so much more then just looking happy. This week I learned that to be happy you should work to help others be happy. Now I know that I’ve talked about service or other things but I mean if you want to be happy, look for things that you can do to help your companions or to help anyone really. This week I was having a little bit of a hard time with some stuff and I found out the main thing I could do to fix it was to be grateful for the correction I was given, to say thanks and to try and see what I could do to thank the person who is helping me. I love that when someone corrects you it is only them trying to help you do better. We don’t always see it that way but you’ll find that if you try to see it that way it makes it feel a lot more friendly and it will help you more. I really hope that makes sense. If not, sorry.

I’m really excited for the next few weeks because we have some big things coming. I hope ya’ll have a great week and that everything goes well.

Love ya,
Elder Birks

1 comment:

  1. I don't think I've ever seen a more positive elder. He is so sweet and finds the good in every situation.

    ReplyDelete