Dear family,
Well Texas is doing great. We are working really hard and trying our best to talk to everyone we see and it’s so fun! I really like talking to people. It’s kinda like a game now of how long can we talk to someone that you can kinda tell doesn’t like us and the best part is that by the end they kinda like us. (I hope) But yep it’s been a fun week. Sorry we missed yesterday. It’s not my fault! We had to de-bug our house. It was crazy. There are videos but that will come later.
Back to the work! This week we had a really funny OYM. We were walking around our apartment when we see this guy getting out of his truck and so I go over and start talking to him. I say “Hi” and he looks at me and says “Mande?” (It’s like, “What?” in Spanish) So I was like YESSS and I answered in Spanish and he was like, “WHAT?” His eyes got all big. It was really cool. I started to tell him about who we were and what we do when he says “Ummm could we talk in English?” He tried to speak Spanish to get rid of us. He thought we were lawyers and that we came to get mad at him for something. So haha. Yep I’m just that lucky. But he is way cool. He has tons of questions! Questions are the best because we can do something with questions. We are super pumped for him. He asked us to come back and answer his questions (Where do questions come from and why do we have them?) and we did and we helped him out. We gave him a Book of Mormon and taught him and his girlfriend. In the lesson she asked us just randomly, “So I need to be baptized to be a Mormon right? It was awesome. I don’t think we had even talked about that at all. Oh, and she speaks Spanish too but likes English better. Ummm yeah, in the end he said a prayer and he said something like “Thanks for these new friends who we hope will become family.” I was freaking out inside because they are so cool and that was the best prayer I’ve heard in a long time! So we left and they told us to come back whenever we want and that they will have food next time and etc. (perfect people). But yesterday we got a text. “I can’t see you today, I think I need to move back home and go back to school.” We were kinda confused and we will be seeing him tonight to see what’s going on but yeah, we hope he is doing good. So that’s that.
The weather has been great. Warm and sticky but it’s probably only around 100 or so. Not much more so that’s been nice.
We have a car but we can only drive it 1200 miles a month. We use the car to get up to some better places to bike. So that’s how that works and we use the car for church and meetings (zone and district). It’s been going great.
I love all ya’ll and hope you’re having a good week.
Love,
Elder Birks

What a great missionary! I love that he loves to open his mouth and talk to everyone. He sounds so good.
ReplyDelete