Monday, July 23, 2012

District in the MTC





Elder Birks and his companion


The man that we met who wanted to do some research has changed… We don’t know why but now he is always drinking and cussing and it’s just strange. We think there is some stuff going on with his home life that’s just stressing him out and because of that and because he is not home it makes him really stressed. We keep talking to him and we think we are becoming friends and we will just see where that goes.

We met this way cool guy this week. His name is R and he is from India!! Yeah for another English speaker, kinda. It’s really fun to talk to him. He was showing us how to write in his language. Yep, I’m glad I’m speaking Spanish. But we were talking to them and it’s really funny because they have nothing in their apartment. Like we were sitting on the floor and teaching him. We showed him a picture of a temple and he was like “WOW that looks so cool” and he was telling us how all the things we were saying were like from a different planet and that he was super confused but excited to learn more. (We were pumped). Then we also found out that he lives with a guy who we had OYM-ed who speaks Spanish. His name is E and he is way cool. We are really excited! But R didn’t pass a test at the place he was trying to get a job so he doesn’t have work around here and he just vanished the other day. Not cool. We hope he is doing well but we are not sure. We are still going to be trying with E.

How is my Spanish? Well, it’s coming. I can do ok. I understand most of what they say; I just have to listen really hard. That’s the hardest part. You know how you can like listen to several conversations at the same time and be looking for a scripture at the same time? Yep, I can’t do that. Not very well at the very least. But it’s really fun to start speaking Spanish to someone and they are like WOW this white kid can speak Spanish! It’s really funny to see their face when it happens. But I figure with time it will come. So I’m pumped. I had to give my first talk on Sunday in Spanish. Yeah that was really hard and it’s not a 3-5  it’s a 10-15 when you’re in a small branch.  I got to bless the sacrament but it was a surprise because I was just giving them the bread and they were like “well you will be saying the bread right?” I was like “um sure” and then I spent the next few minutes looking over the prayers for like the first time in Spanish but I got through so we were ok. Fun Sunday. Lots going on.


 Well I love all of ya and hope you have a great week. Have fun with the videos. I took a video with a frog.

Well love ya,
Elder Birks

No comments:

Post a Comment