Monday, August 6, 2012

No transfer

I'm not getting transferred and neither is Elder L so that is good and we are in the same apartment. I got one Book of Mormon from Grandma, the one with David W. testimony (thanks by the way, that was way cool!).  It's in my bag right now just waiting for a new home. I'm excited.

This has been an awesome week, not so much in our numbers or anything, I just feel so good. We had interviews with the president and we talked a little about our area and now I feel really pumped up and ready to go. We are changing the focus in the mission kinda. We aren't going to be doing so much OYM-ing now and more finding less actives and trying to get them back. So we have been traveling all around our area and trying to find members from like years ago. It's like a game. You go to their house, then when or if they don't answer the door you go to all their neighbors and ask if they know them or if they know how long they have been gone. Then we ask if they have ever heard of our church (OYMS ROCK). It's been a lot of fun. We went and looked for a family who we know is anti now and that was really good. They don't hate us too much and were really willing to talk to us. We are just trying to be friendly with them and then they will love us and come back to church!!

Well, a less active lady just sat down next to us and she's Spanish. (Cool!)I'll try to write you a letter later if I run out of time here. We helped her find a scripture, that's cool.

Love,
Elder Birks

1 comment:

  1. I love that he is always so positive! What a lucky companion he has, to have Chandler for his companion. :)

    ReplyDelete