It's been a fun, pretty good week. We have had to do different stuff then normal because we leave so soon but it's been nice to have some change. I feel like when I get to Texas it's going to be like a slap in the face to feel the wet air and it's strange to think that I only have hours left here. (It is a lot of hours yes but still.) I'm really excited to get out there and see what I'll be doing. I get to meet my mission president tomorrow. That will be cool. He will be getting to Texas like 2 weeks after me but it should be fun.
Being a zone leader has been fun. It was funny because by the time we were in charge of our first sacrament meeting we already had replacements. Haha. They don't usually put people in who only have like 2 or 3 weeks left so we were just a special case, but yep I'm having fun.
Spanish is hard but I can kinda fake through a conversation with people and that is cool.
I've seen N more this week. Not too much but on Sundays we get to see each other. He seems good but he was on crutches on Sunday because he hurt his foot playing volleyball. He seemed to be doing really well.
D is going to the same mission as my companions and will be leaving with them. How cool is that. They will be on the same plane and everything. It's funny how he just got here and is already leaving with us and we have been here for so long. That's the difference between Spanish and English I guess.
There have been some really good talks. We heard from Sister Sherry Dew. She was fun. I was on the 2nd row and right to the side of her. It was really cool. That will be something I will miss, all the devotionals and speakers and my teachers.
I love you all so very much and I hope you have a great week.
Lani, thanks for the package. I love the red, white, and blue!
Love, Elder Birks
Peace out family
No comments:
Post a Comment