| Elder Birks and his companions |
So we got a new district in the zone with twelve new elders. They are all great and I'm so excited to get to know them but it is scary to be the one in charge just because I feel like if something goes wrong it's all my fault and that sucks. But it's a great chance to get to know a lot of people.
Cool thing happened. We have this elder in our building who is not in our zone but who jumps around a lot saying hi. He's a person who thinks he's funny and he kinda is but it goes a little too far sometimes and thats not good. He was shining his shoes after lights out in the hall like two days ago. I feel like its hard to ask him to stop messing with our other elders because I don't know him very well and I don't think he likes being bossed around, but he was shining his shoes and I saw him as I was turning out all the lights. We said hi and I went to bed and the next day I was so mad that I hadn't helped him with his shoes because that would have been such a good chance to get to know him and for him to get to know me (so that if I did ask him to stop messing with someone he might listen). Well, I knew the way for me to be able to get him to listen was through serving him. The next day after lights out I looked to see if he was shining his shoes and no luck. So then I went to get a drink and as I turned around he came walking out of the bathroom on my side of the hall. I said something like "hey so I saw you shining your shoes last night". Yep, real smart I know. He said "ya but I don't really know how so I just gave up". Ummm it was a good moment for me because I was like "I can show you right now if you want." So we went to his side and I taught him how to shine his shoes and he just sat there while I shined his shoes for him. The night before he had tried to rub the polish onto the shoe so hard he had broken both of his brushes that his pack came with, so I'm going to give him my spare one. It was just so cool. Now I feel a lot closer to that elder and I really hope I helped him out and I hope that he will listen to me if things get out of hand. Just thought it was a cool thing this week.
It was great to get all the packages this week!
Lani: Thanks for the gummies. I love them lots!
Laurie: Thanks for the pictures. They are so fun and I love those chips. Thank you!
Kathy and Alex: That was a fun package. Thanks for the candy. Me and my comps loved it!
Lani: Happy Birthday!!! I hope you had a great day and I love you so much.
For Sunday: Dad, Happy Father's Day! Sorry I can't help with getting you any food for breakfast but I'll be thinking about you. I love you.
I have seen N. (His friend from our neighborhood who just went in the MTC.) I saw him for like 5 seconds his first day because he was at dinner with me. I've been looking for him ever since but I haven't found him yet but I'll keep looking. Also I've been able to play volleyball for the past few days. I just try really hard not to jump and just to cover my spot. It's been fun and my foot is doing better. I think I go see the doctor some time next week but I'm not sure at the moment. I think thats about it. My friend here Z got hurt like me but he broke his leg and will need surgery and they say he will be here for 6 more weeks. He is only learning english so he was supposed to be gone next week. Sad right.
Well, that's what's going on here. I love you all so much and I love getting letters. I hope you have a great week.
Love,
Elder Birks
No comments:
Post a Comment