Tuesday, October 15, 2013

"What do ya'll do for fun?"


Hey Ya’ll,

So check this out. We had Elder Golden from the Seventy come and speak to us and it was great! He was so cool. Ya’ll, I just want you to know this week that there really are people here who are called of God to lead us. As we heard him speak, there was just such a strong Spirit. I knew that he would answer my questions. At one point I was listening and just wishing I could ask my question but he was in the process of answering a different question when all of a sudden he (in explaining the other answer) addressed and answered my question. It was so cool to know that God knew that that was something I needed to know and he used Elder Golden to answer it.


This week I have felt the Spirit as we have had the chance to serve and help people out. Last night we got to help some people change a tire on their car and it was a great chance to get to talk to them. They were like “what do ya’ll do for fun?”  and I said to their surprise “We do this”. (Help random people haha) That really has been one of my favorite things to do here is just to try and help people and we are blessed for it. One of them wants to get a Book of Mormon and the English Elders will go drop that off to him. Then we were biking and it was like 8:30 and we were stopped at a light and trying to think where to go and I just didn’t know so we just sat there for a few minutes trying to listen for what to do. Suddenly this guy comes walking around the corner and he came over and talked with us and it was way cool. He also wants us to come by and talk with him. There were just a lot of small moments that really invited the Spirit to help us know what we were doing is what God wanted us to do.

I’m doing well. The weather is great. I think we will have rain for the next few days so that will be great. I’m going to be trying to work with our members to help them understand how grateful we are for them. Yeah I’ve been having fun. I still think some people must think I’m crazy because I just randomly laugh because this is something that really is fun. I just hope to be able to help out some people this week who are really ready to accept our message.

I love ya’ll and hope you have a great week.

Les Quiero
Elder Birks

1 comment:

  1. I love what that sweet boy does for fun!!! I need to do more of it!

    ReplyDelete