Hi family.
I thought conference was great. I’m still kinda
in shock from all of it that it just hasn’t all sunk in. I’m really pumped to
get to read all the talks and get to study them a little. I really like Elder
Nielsen who spoke and man I could feel his energy. He used to be over our
mission as a 70 so it was cool to watch him speak. I love the way that so many
people were talking about the way that we are all called to do things by God.
What a difference that makes for us to know that our call is really from our
Heavenly Father, that He will never give us more then we can handle and that He
has so much faith in us that He is willing to trust us to do great things. It
always surprises me to see how young the missionaries are. We are not the smartest
people or the bravest people but we are the people that God has called to do
this work and He is so willing to help us. I love having a day where we try to
do the work our way and just nothing works. You are just kicking against the
wall it seems and then you become humble and you pray for help and seek the
Spirit and then POW you find someone and they are ready to listen to you and
you realize how silly you had been in trying to do it without the Lords help.
This happened to us this last week. We just had not been feeling like we were
getting anything done and the day was just ticking away and we stopped and said
a prayer. As we prepared to pray we tried really hard to think of what our
desires were at the moment and what it was that God wanted for us. We decided
that we were looking for someone to talk to and to teach. So we said our prayer
and then we went. God can do nothing if we aren’t willing to have the faith to
move first so we moved. We started off and we found someone within 2 minutes
and taught him and will be going back to see him in a day or two. It was a
really cool experience. I know that even when we feel like things just aren’t
going the way we would like them to there is always a way to fix it and that
the only way to find that is to ask God to help us understand what he wants us
to do, and then to go forth with faith and make things happen. I know that that
is true.
I really hope that ya’ll have a great week and that you are
all able to do something different now after having watched conference. Let the
Lord show you the way and then walk. You will get exactly what the Lord wants
for you and really that is what we all should want anyways so no worries.
I really love ya’ll and hope that everyone is happy and
having fun.
Love,
Elder Birks
No comments:
Post a Comment