I’m glad ya’ll had a good trip. Sounds like there was a lot
of fun stuff to do. As for me it’s been a good week. We had 4 kids go to mutual
and 7 investigators from my area! We were not able to go (super sad) but it
worked out because we got to go teach N* and W* so that was great as
well. The kids really like going to mutual though and are wanting to go again.
It’s funny though because they all play on the same soccer team so when they
play together they just destroy our young men. Haha but next time we will be
there and we will help the teams be more even but way cool.
Also I’ve been learning that God will answer our prayers
when we are very specific and seeking to do His will more. So I’ve learned that
as we pray like that we actually find out what is His will and while we think
He is answering our prayers in reality we have just finally understood what He
was really wanting to do and feel the conformation of the Spirit to help us
know that that’s right. I hope that kinda makes sense but it’s been a really
cool week.
I had a few funny things happen this week so first funny
thing.
1- We went to visit a family who are super cool but really
short on time because they both have callings in the Stake. So stopped by and
ended up needing to come back in like half an hour so we left to go visit some
people close by and their dog followed us for the whole time. It was like a
good half-mile or more of just running with us on our bikes and she totally had
our backs because she went and kept the other dogs that were out away from us.
Haha we had our own guard dog. (No worries, even when we don’t have her we can
out run the dogs that are out.)
2. I went to this house and as we walked up I saw this pit
bull just chillin by the fence and was like ‘Oh she looks nice’. As we were
leaving because they weren’t home I went and was looking at her (deciding if
she was nice or was trying to trick me so she could eat me) and I put my hand
flat against the fence and she like fell on the ground wanting to get petted.
Haha so I was playing with her and this other dog and they were both so nice
and Elder S* was laughing at the Beware of Dogs sign above my head. It
was great. We will go get a picture of it some day I hope. I sure love dogs.
Lobo one day I will get to play with you again!
But yeah, I know that the Lord really is keeping us safe and
He knows what He is doing. I love the chance to go around and visit with people
and to try and help out whenever we can. I know there is opposition in all
things but really if you never had a bad day you would never be grateful for
the good and great days. I love that God can help us have a light heart and
that He can help us laugh away our problems or our trials. The Lord has blessed
me with so much and I am just grateful to have the chance to be here and to
participate in his work. The work will not be stopped! There are always
miracles that wait when we put in our effort. A flat tire does not mean a ruined
day; it just means that God needed us to stay in that spot for a little longer
than we wanted to.
I love ya’ll and hope you have a great week.
Love,
Elder Birks

No comments:
Post a Comment