Hey family,
Well it sounds like ya’ll got to have some fun with Morgan
coming over. That’s sweet. I hope ya’ll had a good time.
Well this week has been good. We have had a lot of rain and
some really funny bike problems. I got some sweet lights that I put on my rims
and they look sweet but I feel like people think we are cops now, haha (the
lights are red) so they seem a little more concerned when we round the corner
sometimes until they see it’s us, then they are good.
I got to do my first baptism interview this week. That was
cool. It was with a little kid named Q* and he did great. He got baptized on
Sunday. We were able to have a family come to church who hasn’t come in a few
months so that was sweet. They have this little girl that is so funny. She came
up to me and pulled on my hand and was just like “Hola!". She is 7 and way
funny. It’s kinda sad because the family is divorced and so the kids only are
there every other weekend and sometimes not even then if the dad has to work.
The dad is the one who we know. He is also a member. We were also able to have
a good lesson with this guy and invite him to be baptized and he said yes. It’s
a ways out but we are going to work with him to help that happen.
I had a fun Sunday. We were able to go around and just visit
some fun people. I got to go and play with this little girl who is like 3 and
she is a Spanglish speaker. Her dad and mom speak English/Spanish to her and
her grandma speaks just Spanish to her so she is kinda in the middle. It was
way fun. She wanted me to help her draw and every time she would see a tiger in
the picture she would look at me and open her eyes and her mouth and say “huuuuuu”
(like a deep breath). It was so funny. It was a great way to end the day. We
had a guy come to church that hasn’t come in 6 months or so and that was great.
We have been able to have some people come to activities and
things so that was great. I feel like in the next few weeks we will be seeing a
lot of cool things happen. I’m excited. Plus we get to hear the prophet this
coming week. How great is that! I’m pumped but we will just have to wait till
it gets here. I hope ya’ll can be praying and preparing for this conference. I
will be.
Well I hope that ya’ll have a great week and that you can do
something fun.
See ya’ll,
Elder Birks
No comments:
Post a Comment