Monday, May 6, 2013

Who is Elder Bricks???


"I am Elder Bricks"
What’s up family! Sounds like there is just a lot going on. I hear it’s like in the 60’s right? That’s so nice. Here it’s been really nice. I have no idea how hot it’s been because we don’t have a way to look as missionaries but the other night it felt really cold and we went by a bank with a sign that tells us and it was 55 outside. Haha. I think we are up in the 90’s on a normal day right now but it’s been kinda cold for Texas the last few weeks.

So we are going to have to move our baptism back a little for L* because the papers they were wanting didn’t make it so they are not able to get married so that was a sad moment, BUT it is going to happen. It will just be a little later then that. We were able to teach some great lessons this past week and I really felt like God was helping us. I know that this is His work because I am seeing how blessed I was before. As I have been here I have really learned that Spanish is something that I need to work on and that I have been blessed with Elder F* who is a boss of a teacher and speaks Spanish like a Mexican. But I have seen that God was looking out for me when I was with Elder D* because I really was able to talk to the people there and to help them come closer to Christ and to invite people to repent and to change for the better but now it’s like Elder F* can see all of these things that I can improve on and I am really trying my best to become what I’m supposed to be. I know that the Lord has a plan for us and that a part of my plan is to speak Spanish and I have faith that he will help me to do it as I work and give it my all. I really do love Spanish. It is really fun.

Well we have been able to have some really great things happen out here. This past few weeks our area was cut in half but the people we teach has grown so that’s been really fun to see. We have some really funny members here and nobody can say my name. I’m now known as Elder Bricks or Elder Birds (it doesn’t help that I can whistle like a bird haha) but it’s all good. I answer to anything that starts with Elder B….. and it’s kinda funny.

Well I hope that ya’ll have a great week and that you are ready to talk to me on Sunday! I love ya’ll and will talk to you soon.

Love,
Elder Birks

No comments:

Post a Comment