Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Skype and a letter? Yes please!







Hey it was great to see ya’ll. I had a lot of fun. 

Today I got to go to the temple! It was so cool! Man I love the temple so much. The Spirit is so strong there and you can just feel that it’s the house of God. It’s funny that we only get to go there every like 3 months when back home I could have gone like every week and not had a problem with that. I’ve decided to do better about that. I will try and go more when I get home. It’s really interesting whenever we go there are so many missionaries there. I just wonder if that’s how it is back at home and I just never realized it.

Well just some cool other news. We have this kid we are teaching right now named C*. He is so cool! We have been teaching him for a few weeks and are hoping to have his baptism this next Saturday the 25th and check out what happened. He was in his house and his mom was telling him how she didn’t think what we talked about was true and how she didn’t really want to listen anymore (kinda sad) and he just says “Mom, I know what they are telling us is true and that it is helping me. I have seen improvement in my school and I know it’s from God. I will be baptized into their church on the day that I said I will.” Oh yeah and by the way he is only 14. POW how cool is that. This old lady that stays with them was telling me about it and I was so pumped to hear it. Such a good kid and he will be so much happier once he is coming to church and can make some friends.

 I also met this group of kids who were playing football and was able to talk to them for like 20 minutes and it was really funny. I was able to help them answer some questions and now they all said to come back so that was really cool. As this kid was walking away he was like shaking my hand and said “Man, you’re cool!” Yeah that was really fun.

Well I hope ya’ll have a great week and that everything works out good. 

I love ya’ll.

Love,
Elder Birks

No comments:

Post a Comment