What’s up family! Ok so really fast. I love ya’ll.
So I had a funny thing happen. So you know how we don’t eat
that much fish at home? Well that’s how I remember it. But in the last like 3
days I have had the most crazy fish food. So they give you this soup and it’s
got broth and then just all this other stuff like one day it had 2 full crabs
in it (legs and all) and half a fish (with tail fin and bones) and if you were
lucky the head (I wasn’t lucky) plus there was octopus and shrimp and clam and
it’s all just in one big bowl and it’s really good! It’s not very good looking
but it’s really cool and I had never had the fish kind. I have had the chicken
one and the beef one but this week I had the fish twice. It was fun. But other
than that it was a great week.
We had a TON of rain on Saturday. Like cats and dogs kind of
a thing. The streets turned into rivers and cars were stuck all over the place.
I pushed a car that got stuck in knee-deep water with one of my investigators,
I* (he gave me the soup). It was really fun and I was so wet after, but the
rain here is warm so it was just fine.
We were able to find some really great families this last
week and we hope to be able to go back and teach them this coming week. We were
talking with this family this last week and I got to tell ya it was very
strange. They are members of a different faith but they were explaining it to
me and their beliefs are like the exact same as ours at least in some ways.
They were trying to convert me (one of them is a pastor). It was really
fun. I love listening to people and knowing that what they are saying will
never change what I know and this cannot change what God has told me. It’s
amazing how good Satan is at making things look true but he cannot trick the
Spirit and he cannot fool someone who is listening to the Spirit. I love this
work and the chance that I have to bear testimony of what I know to be true and
to see the Spirit bear witness of our words. This mission is helping me so much
to become the person that God wants me to be.
So yeah I’m district leader right now and it’s great because
like I said I’m still the Jr companion! We are the only area in my district
that are just on bikes and it’s awesome. Bikes are so much better for meeting
people. My companion is a zone leader but that means he is in charge of
helping the missionaries in his zone work in their area that we work in but if
they have questions they ask him. It’s been going great though.
Well that’s all my time. I hope you have a great week.
Love,
Elder Birks

No comments:
Post a Comment