Wednesday, May 29, 2013

We had a baptism!!


Hey there ya’ll! We had a baptism!! So it was really funny this time. It all just worked out so perfect. We got a referral from great members. We went over and taught, he accepted what we taught. He read and prayed. He came to church, had an interview and got baptized in like 3 or 4 weeks! It was so smooth that like the whole time I was thinking that something was going to fall through. God really wanted him to get baptized. I can feel that. I feel like he will help out the youth of our ward so much and that he might bring some fire to our ward. It’s cool to see the lightness that C* now has. He just looks like he has some peace now. Before he looked like he was always in a different world but now he has found some calm in this world and it was our church. HOW Great is our Church! This just blows my mind to think how words on a page when applied will change lives, that if we will listen to servants of God they will help us know the way. It is so amazing to me what happens to some people here. I know that the church is true and that the Spirit will tell that to anyone who asks with a sincere heart.

We are having fun living in a trio. There are some things we need to learn to do different, like biking. We now have to go a little slower because if you haven’t been on a bike in the last like 2 years it’s kinda hard to just jump on and go with people that have been biking every day for the past 6 months. (haha we got Elder F** so tired!) But we have made some changes and he has been doing better.


It’s been fun to have a new Elder. I have been able to see how much I have improved. I mean my Spanish is not perfect but man I have come a long way, and now I’m working on some small but important things and just trying to improve so it’s been nice to see. I also see the blessing of accepting help. I have come to know that Elder F* is a great Elder, that he is smart and knows his scriptures as well as his Spanish. I want to become better so when he corrects me or gives me a tip on something to improve I’m happy, but man some other Elders just will not be corrected. Elder F** isn’t like that but just some of the times he is like a little stubborn to write down a word or to practice a phrase and it’s really been interesting to see the difference.

It’s been pretty great having so many new missionaries in my district. I have 6 missionaries with less than 12 weeks in Texas. My district is bigger than one of the new zones, haha. We have 11 people in all, three trios. It’s been really fun. You can just see that the work is moving along. So many of the new Elders and Sisters are so young. Elder F** is 18! Also he will probably only be here for like 6 to 12 weeks. Then he will go to Argentina. He is really excited but he is happy to be here. He says its practice for what is to come.

I’ve felt so blessed to serve here in Texas. It’s just a good place. I mean I really am one of like 7 white people in my area (by the way black people rock! They are so nice to us here) well for the most part. But yeah I’m having a good time out here. I hope all is well back at home and that you’re all having a good time. Know that I’m thinking about ya.

Love Elder Birks

No comments:

Post a Comment