Well I hope all is going well for you all. Are you just
pumped for the new year? I can’t believe it’s here. I was looking on the board
we have at the mission office with all the pictures of the new people coming
in. There are so many sisters it’s crazy! soooooo many and like all of them are
Spanish and under 21. All of the sisters who are here now will be training for
like the rest of their missions. Haha should be good. There are two girls
coming here from Highland as well and I remember seeing both of them at school
so that’s kinda cool. There will end up being like 5 of us from Highland in the
next 6 months. How crazy is that! Almost all of us are Spanish so we will be
able to keep our Spanish up.
So my Spanish is coming along. I can teach a whole lesson by
myself, which I really don’t want to do but sometimes just kinda happens if
Elder D* is feeling quiet. We have a new plan and we did some really good
practices this week to make us teach as a better team because we are meant to
work together. No matter how good I do, if I do it alone, it could have been
better with Elder D* input and we know that so we will be working on that
to really do the work that the Lord wants.
Crazy thing. So last night we were just going around, our
lessons were falling through, and we were just trying to be where we could
teach someone. So I was looking through our phone (we are way lucky because we
have 2 so if I can’t find anyone in mine I check Elder D*, haha) but I was
looking for this guy. His name is J*. He is the brother of one of our
investigators and I wanted to see if they were home so I found his name and I
called but as I started to talk I looked back at the phone. I had called the
wrong number. I had called J** and I was already asking if we could come over!
The good thing is he said yes and what happened was we invited his whole family
to be baptized and they all said yes! That’s 5 people with a date to be
baptized! It was all because I called the wrong number haha but we did end up
getting over to J* brothers and he also accepted a date to be baptized so
we had 6 people in the same day. That’s what happens if we are really trying to
be where the Lord wants us to be. Things will just work out even if it’s not
how you expect it. So that was really cool.
I also have this family that we are teaching right now that
is probably one of the coolest families I’ve ever met. They are the R*. Well, we finally got them to come to church, not for Sunday stuff but to go on
a church tour and it was great. They brought their two daughters with them and
the girls have never been to church and by the end all the girls were crying
(in the good way) and it was awesome. That family will come back if it’s the
only thing I do in my time here! They are so ready. It was so cool and the
Spirit was so strong. We got to go around with our bishop who ended up getting
released the next day! That stinks because he doesn’t live in ward boundaries
so I will almost never see them again during the mission and we had just gotten
to go to the temple and out to dinner with them. He is like 26 or 28 and has 3
little girls and his wife was awesome and now they are gone. Not cool. We will
see what happens.
Well I hope that’s long enough for ya’ll. I’m kind of
running out of time so I’ll see ya latter and love ya lots. Thanks for being great and I’ll see ya
when I see ya.
Love,
Elder Birks

No comments:
Post a Comment