This has been a great week. We have just had things kinda
work out. Like it’s really funny. We will be going around and be like ‘we need
to have a lesson’ and then a lady will walk out with garbage and I go up and
take it from her and then we start talking and then she tells us to come in or
to come by another day (happened 3 times this week). It’s so great. I really
love having the chance to serve people out here. It makes things happen, but I
don’t even do it to make things happen. I just do it because I like to and
because it’s good and if Christ were here I think he would help too. But
because of that I have found so many people out here that are so much more open
to us after we have served them. The trick I’ve learned is always serve, Always
and never ask for anything. When they ask you “Why are you doing this?” it’s so
much more sincere and it’s something we can answer “I Love to serve.” I think
that’s what would go on my shirt, HI, I’M A MISSIONARY. HOW CAN I HELP? Well
yep, that would be a cool shirt.
Well cool thing. We were able to find this kid J* and
teach him and help him out. We taught him the plan of salvation with some sweet
pictures I got from a missionary here and after we got done we talked about the
Spirit and how we try and follow it. Then I told him about that Cuban girl who
prayed for us to find her and he looks at us and says “Ahh man I think I’m
going to cry.” (He’s like 17 and the son of a recent member). “I’ve been so
stressed about what’s going to happen when I die that I’ve been praying for the
past three nights to have my questions answered.” So we had just showed up that
day and I had just happened to have the pictures with me and I had just
practiced how to use them that morning. God knows His children. He knew that
J* needed to hear that lesson and He helped me be ready to teach it. It was
way cool. We then talked about a date to be baptized and I asked, “How long
will it take you to be ready?” (That’s not what I normally say) and he said
“One month from today.” It was like a Tuesday, so I explained that we do
baptisms on Saturdays so lets try and see what’s the closest one to the day you
said and the next month the day he said was a Saturday! It was way cool. The
Spirit was really strong.
The R*’s came to church and stayed for all of it! They
are so legit. The girls don’t have dates yet but they will soon. They have been
doing so good. I really love that family. They are some of the people I was
supposed to meet here, I feel that way strong.
I love ya’ll and hope you have some fun. Know that I’m
sweating and that it’s already getting hot. I love the heat (if I say that
enough it will be true). I love the heat x 100 = happy Elder Birks
Love ya’ll
Elder Birks

That kid is such a great missionary! Those pictures aren't really recent are they????
ReplyDeleteI'm so jealous!
They are not recent but he just sent them. That is his first companion.
Delete