What’s up fam! Well all is
good here. I’m really sad to say that it’s 50ish and I feel cold. Haha. Have
fun with that 0 that you all have. Sounds like all is going well. I can’t
believe it’s almost transfers. This has been a really strange transfer, fast
and slow, but it’s kinda done now. Strange the way time works.
So I had a kinda fun thing
happen this week. I was on exchanges with the zone leaders, so Elder L* was
my comp. We were in this complex and going around trying to find this member.
When he wasn’t home Elder L* was like “ok lets go” and I was like “Let’s go
look around”. He said that that sounded good and that we should pray to find
out if that’s what God wants. One thing we learn out here is how to know what
doors to knock on or where to go. There are signs on people’s doors that will
let you know if they are Spanish (It’s way cool) so I had 3 doors I wanted to
go to, not just because of the stuff by the door, but I knew the people were
home. So we went and knocked on one and a guy from Cuba was there (they talk
really crazy, it’s great!) He was talking and said we could come back later on
Sunday and meet his roommate. We then went to this other guy doing his laundry,
also from Cuba. He said we could come by on Sunday as well and see his family.
Then he said there was a family from Mexico that lived around the corner that
we could probably talk with. So we went around the corner and there was a
family on their balcony. I started talking to them and they couldn’t hear
because of the cars going by so I went up to their door. They came and talked
with me for a while and told me that they knew a little about the church (they
are from Cuba) and that we could come in. We talked to the daughter for about
45 minutes or so and she was so cool. She really liked what we said and she had
questions and she was just so ready. At the end she offered to do the prayer.
She said in her prayer “Thank you God for sending me these missionaries. I
prayed all last night to find the right church and you sent me these
missionaries to help me.” It was such a sincere prayer. As we left they were
telling us that they wanted to come to church, that they want us to come back.
Way cool. As we were walking away Elder L* looks at me and says how he was
ready to walk away when they couldn’t hear us from the balcony, and if I hadn’t
gone to the door we never would have found all that out. It was pretty cool.
God is so willing to work with us, we just have to do our part, but as we do it
we will be rewarded. I don’t know what’s been going on with them, I was only
there for that one day but I know that I was supposed to be there on that day.
Cool right!
Well that’s the biggest thing
that’s been going on. The R* came to church for the first 2 hours this
week and then had us meet their friends for dinner. It was great. They will be
doing great. We will be asking the girls to prepare to be baptized on the 26. Ya’ll
should pray for us to be able to follow the Spirit on that one.
Well I got to go but I love
ya lots.
Elder Birks
No comments:
Post a Comment