Well Thanksgiving was great. We got to eat with a really
cool family and they were way fun to be with and there was so much food. It was
really good.
We are doing all the normal stuff here and that’s been fun.
There is a lot going on with the area. We are still just trying to find people
to teach. I think that’s just the way it goes on the mission. We are always
looking for more people and trying to help the ones we have to do better. The
work of a missionary is strange and kinda funny. We are the people who are
always looking to help people in the area and it’s great but so many people see
us coming and have these false ideas of what we are. All we have to do is talk
with them and they for the most part are like “hmmmmm I thought the Mormons
were more crazy then this” or “They don’t pay you to do this?!” That’s a fun
one. People don’t really understand what it is that we do and that’s why we are
here. To help them out and it’s been fun to change people’s minds on who we
are.
Well this week what’s been going on? Me and Elder B* wrestled! It’s fun. He is good but I’m bigger.
Well, I’m still doing all my studies in Spanish so that’s
going really good and I feel like I’m understanding more now and getting
through a lot more in every study. It’s really fun to be able to understand
people who are speaking a different language. It’s crazy to me. I’m not perfect
by any means, which is one reason why I’m way nervous for what President told
me. He said that he wants me to train soon. I don’t know how I feel about that
but I know I will be ready if that’s what God wants for me. We will see if I
kill my first child or not. Haha but yeah. It will probably be in January
because we don’t have anyone coming in this month to train so God has given me
a little time. Let’s see if I will be ready. Haha. Keep me in your prayers for
that one. Well yep that’s been on my mind a little.
Yep Well I will make sure to do better with sending my
letters on time. I’ve just been really bad at getting them off on time. I feel
like I send all of them on Friday or something like that. I will work on that. Robynn’s
package got here. That’s sweet. All the stuff is so fun and will be great to
have and use. Haha, just kidding. I have no idea what it is. I take it that
because they have dates on them I might have to wait to open it. But that’s
cool. I’m pumped for them to come and I’ll look forward to the other two.
Well I love ya’ll a lot and I hope all is going good.
Love Elder Birks

No comments:
Post a Comment