Tuesday, November 6, 2012

New Place!


Well I’m in a new area and yeah it’s crazy. I’m up in the city. It’s a new area too so we are doing what is called white washing. My new companion is great. His name is Elder B* and he is sweet! He speaks Spanish really good. It’s been crazy to be in a new place with a new companion but it is really fun. The area has a ward and it feels so big after having been in a branch for so long but it’s been good. There are so many people out here and man there are lots and lots of cars. Our area is way small. It’s like 2 miles by 3 miles and we are just on bikes (all the time!). It’s great and it’s been fun. It’s kinda funny here, there are a lot of areas that have apartments and we have to like sneak in. It’s way funny. We feel like we are just waiting to get kicked out of the places but we haven’t yet, so that’s been really nice but there are times that we feel like people really don’t want us there.

The area is brand new here like we have an area book and it’s empty, so it’s been really fun just to go out and try to find new people to teach. There are a lot of really cool people in the area though so that’s been really cool.

Mom with the question on what we did for Halloween we just try to hide from people it feels like. We needed to be in by 7 and then we were supposed to study but because the area is new we got a new apartment and had to unpack all of the stuff we had and that’s not too much stuff as it was. It was a really funny week just going around and trying to find the Spanish in the area. The work will be good here we feel but it’s going to take some work to do it but I’m pumped to get the chance.

So Elder B*, well his parents are from Mexico and they don’t really speak English so he grew up speaking both so he is a native. He is on his last transfer and he is a great missionary. The ward here just loves him. He has been in the ward for about 6 months and knows like all the people so that’s been really nice. He is from Oregon and yeah has plans to go back and go to school and all that good stuff. He is a really good soccer player/wrestler and is a really great guy.

Well I have to go. I didn’t add my address because we don’t know what it is and I forgot to check as we left. Sorry. Just send it all to the office and that will work perfect. It’s right by my apartment now so it’s not a big deal to get mail from there.

I love you all and am glad to hear all is going well.

Love,
Elder Birks

Ps I’ve started doing all my studies in Spanish! (and I understood like all of church this week.) Soon I will be speaking like a native, haha. Thanks for all your prayers and I’ll try and write you my address this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment