Hey well everything has been going great. I’m so excited for the baby. That’s so cool. I can’t believe she is here. Congrats! I’m glad it all went good.
Umm this has been a good week. We are meeting with some really nice people and trying to teach with power. We had the chance to talk with A* and have a lesson with him and that was really cool. We were able to read with him and then have the chance to talk with him about what he thought and Man! He is a deep thinker and it’s funny because he seems to feel bad that he has so many questions and we are like “No those are good.” It’s been really fun to be able to live so close to such cool people. We have also been able to help like four different families move in this last week or so. That has been great. I really love being able to help people out. It’s awesome.
We had a cool thing happen this last week. Ok, so background. Like three weeks ago or so we were visiting this guy when this man came out of his house and as he came out he saw us and was like “Wow, I don’t talk religion or anything” and just walked away. Well there were some times in the next week that we saw them and that slowly we were able to talk a little with them about the most random things like ferrets and things. It’s been really funny because we feel like we have just kinda seen their hearts soften. Things have been going good.
We are working hard and still trying to get out and talk to as many people as we can but we will see if we can start finding some people who speak Spanish. We also have had the chance to go by and visit that anti family like 3 times, just doing really friendly stuff like seeing if they need any service or anything so that’s been really cool and we think soon we will be able to get into their house and share a lesson with them but we will see how that goes. We have been told that the dad likes to yell when he feels people are trying to teach him. BRING it on! I’m pumped. I know that what we teach is true and that there is nothing they can yell about that will change that. I want you all to know that I know this is the work of God and that we are here only as his servants, that we only have power when we speak his words and that we can’t force anyone to accept it. They have to let it into their heart but if they do they will feel such a sweet joy. I hope you are all reading the scriptures and saying your prayers because it’s important.
I love you all. Peace out family.
Elder Birks
AND GO USA!

I needed the reminder about reading the scriptures, I've been a slacker for the last month! He sounds great!
ReplyDelete