Monday, August 20, 2012

Fighting against Satan



Well just so you know this has been a great week. Well to answer some of your questions. This A* and S* have dropped off the face of the earth kinda. We saw them yesterday driving away but that’s good because that means they are not dead so we can work with that! Well we have been having some fun trying to get to meet people and have them keep their commitments to see us again. We are having a really hard time finding just Spanish people because a lot of the people that we talk with are English.

We had a kinda cool thing happen or at least I thought it was cool. We had this guy who we bumped into the other day invite us to come by the next time we see them outside. So when we saw him we were able to come by and talk with him. Just some back ground on him. He was kicked out of Argentina because they called him a prophet. He has a very strong testimony of the power of the Spirit and he is a person who loves and knows the bible. He really respects the missionaries and thinks we do a great thing but he doesn’t like that Joseph Smith used the urim and thummin to translate the Book of Mormon. That seems to be his only real problem. So while we were talking to him he tells us that he can’t ask if the Book of Mormon is true because then that invites the devil to give him a false witness. WHAT? We just sat there and were like what? I was like “If you know the Spirit you will be able to tell the difference between the devil and the Spirit”. But he almost flat out said that he would not change his ways and that he would not pray. So then I asked him to read the Book of Mormon and see if he felt the Spirit and he said he would but that he didn’t think he would need any help in doing his searching. Yeah, we will see where that goes. Well yeah, that’s one thing that’s been going through my mind.

Well the church is true. I can’t believe how close some people are to the truth and that right at the last moment they look away or get distracted. That’s Satan! HE IS THE ONLY THING KEEPING PEOPLE IN THE DARK! Satan is a blinder over their eyes that has them so lost and confused that they don’t know who or where they really are. Every person on this earth is a child of God. As such we have the chance to become as the Father and to be like Him. I’ve heard that one of the things that will surprise us the most is that when we get to heaven we will be shocked at how much we can recognize our Father in heaven. How cool is that! We know Him and He knows us. He loves us and wants us to be happy and the only thing that holds people back is the devil. Please stay strong. Read your scriptures, pray daily, and help those who need it because I’m sick and tired of people that I care about getting lost. I love you all so much and I hope you are doing good.

Love Elder Birks

1 comment:

  1. What a great guy, he knows what all those people need, I just hope they will recognize it!!!

    ReplyDelete