Ok well I had to do some things that took a long time today so it’s going to be kinda short I think. Haha ya’ll are punks with that ‘We will see you next week’ stuff. It’s been a super strange week with that in the back of my head but I just keep on trying to remember that when Sunday night gets here I can start to think about it more. It’s been an interesting week. I got to go on exchanges twice and I was able to go with some really great Elders. I love the mission because it brings people together that otherwise I would never have known so that’s super cool and it helps me to understand that if I’m willing to put in time and effort that I can be friends with anyone. The exchanges were awesome and we were able to have a lot of success and were able to teach a lot. This week I will be leaving my area for the first time to go on exchanges and Elder Merritt will be taking over. Haha it should be fun to hear how things went. Psh I will probably come back and he will tell me that they had a baptism and I’ll be like “WHAT!” That’s just the kinda guy he is. Haha we will see.
But I’m excited to be able to have this week to just keep my
head down and really push to the finish. It makes me think of the races I’ve
ran where you start and it’s just like you’re trying to get your feet and by
the middle you’re doing good. You feel strong and adrenaline pumping and then
at the end you see the finish but there are still several more hurdles to focus
on first and at that point you are running on will rather than energy and you
are just trusting that when you get to the end there will be rest and that you
will be able to be done. I feel kinda like that right now. Just trying so hard
to finish the race and get to the rest and the waiting group at the finish line
but I have one more hurdle to go and I need to focus on that.
This week we didn’t get to the M* house early enough to
wake them up so they didn’t come but this week I will repent and get there on
time and they will come and in the future weeks it will work out great for
them. I know that seeds are planted and that they are going to do great.
Well I love ya’ll and I’ll try to get you a letter to make
up for the short email but I love ya’ll a lot and I will see you soon. Thanks
for your prayers and the prayers for my investigators. Ya’ll are the best and I
am so grateful for you!!
Love,
Elder Birks

No comments:
Post a Comment