Things have been going great here and I’m not getting transferred and neither is Elder Mortenson so we will be here for six more weeks and I’m pumped for that. He is a really fun Elder. We are going to be really trying to speak as much Spanish this transfer as we can because that’s something that we can improve on. I’m pumped for that. It will give me a good chance to just practice all day and improve. I think it’s sweet that the mission helps us to improve little by little and to just be made better. I know I still have a lot to improve but I feel really happy with the way that I’ve changed and I hope never to lose the good habits that I’ve established.
This week we were able to get some of our less-actives to
church and it was so sweet. We had a kid come who hasn’t come for 11 weeks! I
love the youth. They are so great. They just make you want to be a better
person. It’s been so fun to be able to see some of the classes just fill up
since the past few weeks of really working with the less-actives and the church
just feels great.
This week I was able to teach seminary again and we were
able to talk about Alma 27-28 and it was super sweet. It’s really hard to get
through all the things you want to say but it was cool getting to talk with the
kids about what they liked about the chapters and to talk of the power of when
God makes us promises. I think it’s amazing to think that God will NEVER break
a promise if we do our part. The only reason we don’t receive a blessing that
He promised is because we have fallen short, but no worries because He has
given us a way to repent and start again and once we have truly repented He
doesn’t even remember it. God has given us every possible blessing to help us
come back to Him. We just need to do our part.
I also got to teach Elders quorum and it was really cool.
It’s funny when you try to explain something and then ask a question and you
just see a lot of blank faces. Haha. It’s like ‘Ok let me try again’. Good
times.
Well I hope that ya’ll have a great week and are able to
really see the Lord’s hand in all you do. Thanks so much for all your prayers.
I know that that really does help us out here. I love all of you and hope all
goes well this week.
Love,
Elder Birks

No comments:
Post a Comment