Hey sorry. Our Internet died yesterday and I couldn’t send
my letter. Everything is going good here. We were able to visit with several
people so that was great. As the week went on it was pretty cool to be able to
get to go by and to do some service type things with some people and to just
try and help them out. Yesterday I got to carry this ladies laundry and it was
super funny because she like didn’t want me to at first (she is a members
daughter so we know her) but then I told her that I just really like to help
and she said I could but she took one side and I took the other. Haha, it was
really funny. Once we got to the steps to go up to her apartment I was like ‘I’ll
just take it’ and she was like ‘Are you sure?’ Now I’m like a lot bigger then
her and I thought it was funny that she was ready to do it all alone but that
she was worried that I wouldn’t be able to. So I took it up the stairs and she
said thanks. Then we set another time to go by and see her today so we will see
how all that goes.
It was cool, we got to have zone meeting today and it was
super good. All of the people in my zone are way cool and have really strong
testimonies. I feel like I learned a lot. This transfer we will be focusing on learning
about repentance and how to teach it with power and how to apply it in our
lives. We also will be learning how to study so that will be really fun. I’m
excited for that. Having time to study is such a big blessing of the mission. I
feel like I still have so much to learn but that I’m coming to a knowledge of
the truthfulness of the gospel and that has been wonderful
Some cool stuff this week. I got to ride the bus for the 1st
time and it was fun. We took pictures haha. We were at the hospital which is 68
blocks from where we needed to be so we were like lets try the bus. We didn’t
know where to get on so we just went and waited at a random bus stop and when
that bus came he told us that it was a different bus then the one we wanted so
long story short we ended up getting home on the bus and it was a cool mission
first.
We also had like 6 less active people come to church and it
was great to get to have them. Also C*, one of our recent converts went to
the temple! So that was great. We haven’t been able to contact him since but I’m
sure he liked it. That was a really big blessing this week that he got to go to
the temple.
Well my time is up and I have to go but I love ya’ll and
hope you have a great week.
Love,
Elder Birks

I can't believe that he will be home before we know it!!!! Is his bedroom still the nursery? Are you moving him downstairs? Hope things are going well for you.
ReplyDelete