It’s almost Christmas! Did ya’ll get to see that Devotional? It was so great to be able to hear the prophet speak and to be able to feel that Spirit that was there. We got to go to the church to watch it and it was great to hear that music and to think that ya’ll might be watching it as well. I think how crazy it is that I have lived in Utah like my entire life and I still just have never gone to conference. It’s been cool to have the chance to see how blessed we are to live in such a great place with so much support in the church. We don’t have to decide what day to ask off work so that we can have time to drive to the temple and back in a day but that our choice is what temple should we go to? I love the members here so much because of their desire to make sacrifices for their faith, that people here are willing to wake up and go to seminary because it’s not offered at school because they are the only members at their school. This week we got to teach seminary. Man, respect to those kids. We got up at 5 and were kinda out of our minds for the rest of the day but it was great. After we got to go get donuts so that was sweet. It’s just been fun to see how really blessed we are out in Utah and I hope ya’ll are able to remember that a little.
So some fun stuff this week. We found a Christmas tree! It’s
like 6 feet tall and almost all the lights work. How cool is that! It makes it
feel a lot more like Christmas and gives a good glow to our apartment. Also Mom
I did get the package and I’m pumped to go through the things ya’ll prepared
for it. We will start on Friday. Elder Mortenson was excited that there were
things for him as well so thanks for that. That was awesome of ya’ll.
I also got to go on exchanges this week with a Elder named
Elder Lund and he was fun. He has been here for like 5 weeks now and seems to
be doing great. We got to go and meet some really cool people and I had a
really cool study about opening our mouth so the Lord can fill it. I know that
as we seek to have the words of Christ in our minds that He will allow us to be
filled with His Spirit and to speak with power from Him. I saw that this week
and I know that it’s true.
I hope that ya’ll have a great week being together and that
all goes well. Be safe in all that snow and tell Josh Millheim "Hi" for me and
Nate Nuzman as well.
Love ya.
Elder Birks

No comments:
Post a Comment