Hey family. What’s up ya’ll! Oh and by the way I was off on
the party thing. That happened on Saturday and it was sweet. Haha. I was in a
skit and got to help serve the hot chocolate (I was like a salesman trying to
get them to take my stuff and not the soda haha). It was really fun and they
had some great food and we had like 3 investigators come and it was really cool
to get to have them here in the church. For Thanksgiving we will be eating at
the house of our branch president! They are great. I’m getting to know the
Branch presidents wife and she is super fun. She makes me think
of Sister B* J
and for that I already love her. It’s been great. She does translating in the
branch and I’ve been going over to help her out and to translate the sacrament
prayers when it’s time for that, (we say it in English for some of the kids and
a family that are there that don’t speak Spanish). It’s been really fun. We
just chill in the back with this little mike and try and translate all of it. This
Sunday though she sees that it was a male speaker and she looks at me and is
like “Do you want a workout?” and hands me the mike so I got to translate the
next two talks. It was really fun. It’s a lot easier now then in the beginning
of my mission because now I actually know what they are saying. Crazy how big
of a difference that makes. It has been
really good to be able to be here and get to know that family a little.
This week we got to have zone meeting and it was really good
and we got taught some really cool things. I’m really excited to be able to go
out and work this week. There are a lot of cool people here.
Well I hope you have a great week and that ya’ll have fun
with Chase and Morgan. Have a great Thanksgiving. I’m so grateful for all of
you and I’ll be thinking about you.
Love,
Elder Birks

No comments:
Post a Comment