Tuesday, March 26, 2013

"Ummm I don't think that is allowed."


Well let’s see. For this week what have we been up to? Well we have been able to go and visit this kid O* who is way cool. He is from Columbia and is a great kid but he is having a hard time because he doesn’t have any family support in joining the church so it really scares him. It’s sad because he really knows its true. We asked him if he even wanted to get baptized in his church after talking to us and he said no, but his mom still wants him to so we will just have to see what happens there. Prayers for him would be great.

Well the R*’s are bomb doing great and getting ready to baptize their little boy. I’m not sure if he knows yet but we are working on it so that’s the plan there. The girls will be going to the temple for the first time this Saturday so they are pumped. I’m so excited for them. We had this funny talk with one of them at church. She showed me that she got her ears pierced and was telling me how she was going to go and get another piercing up higher on her ear. (In my head, WHAT?) The best part was that we were with this kid R* who is like the best kid ever and he just looked at her, then at me, and then said, “Ummm I don’t think that is allowed.” It was great. We went and talked about For the Strength of Youth and cleared all of that up. Well yeah, that was fun.

We also were able to meet some cool Columbians that we will be meeting again tonight. They were so cool. We walked up and started talking to them and then were like “Hey, do you know anyone that can help us learn Spanish?” (Haha, gets um every time) They were like “Hey we speak Spanish!” and they got all excited and we then started talking and now they want us to come back so that’s great. I’ll let you know what happens with that next week.

Well I think that’s all I really have time for. Sorry. I’ll try to get a letter to ya’ll later.

Love ya,
Elder Birks

No comments:

Post a Comment