Tuesday, March 19, 2013

A good week


Ok well hi family. So do you remember that I went to that aquarium before I left? I remember being by the otters and also touching the stingrays. I really love that kind of place. I think I would love to work there when I get home. Did you see the sea turtle? Well yeah, looks like ya’ll had fun.

Sounds like Taylor is being fun. Well I had a funny thing with this little Columbian kid the other day. He was just playing with us like normal but his dad really was just done with it and kept trying to tell him to go up stairs but the kid always would just say no and reach for his toys so his dad would say “no sir” but in Spanish “No senor” and with the accent and the way it was going it was so funny. Ya’ll  should try that out. Maybe he will like Spanish more.

Well this has been a great week. We had a kinda really hard time having members out with us to teach but we had some really great lessons. The R*’s are doing so good. They both have callings and are doing great and the girls got to go to youth conference and that was good for them and just the ward is really helping them to do good. We are kinda sad because one of our apartments that we go to is getting torn down in the coming weeks so that’s going to be really sad because we are losing some of our families we are teaching but it will all work out.

So we were able to find this less active members apartment that lives in our area. I’ve been looking for it for like 3 months so I was pretty excited we were able to get in and talk with him for a good amount of time and hear how he has been doing. I always feel so bad for the people who are good members but don’t come to church because of work or something lame like that. His wife was baptized 5 years ago and hasn’t come in like 2 years so we will be working with them. There are a lot of good things going on. I’m still loving my bike. I got some sweet tires that supposedly won’t pop because I had some fun with that this week. But yeah, I’ll send ya a letter this week because I got to go but I love ya’ll and hope you have a great day.

Elder Birks

No comments:

Post a Comment