Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Worth a thousand words!

Recent baptism


Hey ya’ll,

Well I’m doing great. Sorry that Grandma is having a hard time with the mold stuff. For me if it’s in my house and it seems like it’s growing I spray that thing till its dripping with bleach. Haha. It’s always a fun time when we clean the bathroom. I’m a fan of Comet and I feel that a clean house is a happy house. It’s funny if you think of my room back home right? I still haven’t seen pictures of that place yet, haha. What if we do a picture trade? Ya’ll send me some and I’ll send you my card.

As far as my area, we have been able to do really well on finding less actives, I call it LARC hunting (LARC stands for less-active, recent convert) and we have been finding people that are on the list but haven’t been found in a long time so that’s been great. We also had N* come to Church! That was great. I don’t know how she liked it yet but I hope it was fun for her. She showed up and me and Elder S* almost started dancing. It was great. I think the members in the halls thought we were crazy though but that’s ok. They go to the English ward, haha. But it was great.

We also got to go play soccer with this kid named D* and he is so cool! He is a member and we are working with him to help him get ready for a mission. He still has like two years but he rocks and in the past he was less active a little so this has been great.

We are trying to work really hard out here and it is strange to see how we need to change the way that we work in order to make things happen. I’m really striving to learn what the Lord wants me to change in order to do His will. I love the work and I know that God wants me to do well so all I have to do is try and listen and He will tell us what we need to do.



See ya’ll later.

Love,
Elder Birks

No comments:

Post a Comment