ok so its been a good week just been doing all the normal stuff. we heard from the apostle Elder Christofferson. he was really a good speaker. he had us keep our fingers in three places in the bom and would have us flip back and forth a lot and he had elders walk around with mikes so we could answer his questions which was really cool.
i had a cool experice with my patriarchal blessing and how it says i will be understood. its been really cool. we had a workshop that talked about how being understood didn't mean you could speak the lanugue really well but that you could talk through the spirit and thats how I've been feeling here, like during our lessons with our investigators. I just sit and listen to the investigator and try to think of what they need when suddenly i have a thought that i need to say something and it might not even be what we are talking about. I'll try to say it in my spanish and the spirit gets my point across! its been really cool and I've had at least one of my investigators tell me that it was because of what i said that they were willing to think about reading the bom. that was really cool.
ummm ya I'm doing really well. my companions are great and we are having fun but they have some days where they are having a bad time i guess. when we get asked how the mtc is they say "ah its ok, i still have hard days" or its something like that and i sit and think "I'm doing great, I'm having fun with the languege and am loving the reading time we get from the book of mormon". every time i think about that i think of you and dad and how you say to stay happy and to smile. I'm really trying to stay happy and it seems to be working. my companions mentioned to me when i said "whats been making it hard for you?" and they said "well we can't all be having as much fun as you." it was a good moment.
Please thank Lani and Laurie for their packages. the gummys from Lani have been awesome. they are my treat for a good day. and the cinnamon rolls from Laurie are so good. i shared with my district and they all loved them so if you could tell them thanks and that it was so nice to get the package that would be great.
I'm really liking the spanish, its hard but its coming. with the way i learn i seem to pick stuff up about 3 days after my group. not sure why. its a lot of memorizing and i suck at that in english too so thats not so fun but I'm working really hard and I'm seeing lots of improvement. we tried to speak in only spanish yesterday for like 5 hours and i did really well but my head hurt so bad.
oh ya so you know the movie best two years? well think of the investigator the one who speaks english "elder what languege is he speaking?" "he's speaking english" yep that one well he comes and is an investigator at the mtc and we got to teach him a lesson and talk with him. its called trc one of you might know what that is but who knows. it was really cool though. i was kinda star struck but i bore my testimony to him and he seemed to really feel something and he thanked me for it when i left.
well my time is almost gone, i love you all so much. tell Trent and Nate to read the bom.
i love you all so much and i hope the letters keep coming. i hope you have a great day
love elder Birks

No comments:
Post a Comment