Monday, March 10, 2014

Final transfer!



What’s up ya’ll? So the news is (drum roll please) I’m staying in Galveston, but Elder Mortenson is on his way out. It’s really sad. He is a really great Elder and has helped me a lot in just having fun and being a great example of a servant of God. So I will still be here. 

This week has been sweet. We got back to the island on Wednesday and that was great. We were able to go and visit J* (an investigator, super cool we have been with her for a while now) and she ended up coming to church this week. She is having a hard time with her boyfriend but we think it will be worked out and she is really seeing the blessings from trying to live the gospel. We hope to invite her to be baptized some time soon. We also had the familia M* come to church! That was a miracle for sure. We went and woke them up and had a member ready to get them to church but it was super funny because them and the member were running late and ended up showing up just before the 1st class ended. (We were late too so we missed that class as well, my bad) We didn’t know where to take all the people. There were like 8 people in the hall with us and all of them were just looking at us like ‘Well, where to?’ We just kinda sat there for like 5 minutes until class ended and then got everyone where they needed to be and it was good but man Sunday can be a crazy day when that kind of thing happens. But they all seemed to really like it and have said that they would like to come back so we will see how to help them out with that this next week. All in all it’s been a good week. I’ve been really happy with the way that we are getting around our area and we are excited to be able to work on the island again.

I hope that ya’ll are having a great week and that everything is going good. Good to hear that almost everyone is doing good as far as health goes and I’m excited to hear about when the twins start walking and how hard they are to watch when that happens. Haha. I love ya’ll so much and am so grateful for the wonderful family that God put me in. I love the chance I get to have to be a missionary and I’m going to work hard this last few weeks to do all the work I can and to make ya’ll proud.

I love ya’ll and hope all goes well.

Love,
Elder Birks

No comments:

Post a Comment