Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Becoming Strong Members


Well this has been a fun week. We found and started working with this family and we saw them almost every other day this week and it was great. Every time we went by we had a member with us and it was so fun to just let them go. We are trying to help our members take charge and invite people to do things more now. I don’t know if ya’ll had the chance to watch that Work of Salvation broadcast that the church put out but ya’ll should do it. It’s sweet and I always want to but there is not time to do it. I would make that a FHE for ya’ll and just go through the different videos and see what ya’ll learn. The Lord is changing the way that he works. It was crazy, something that hit me the other day. With the way the mission has changed what they are really doing is trying to train the missionaries on how to be strong members. The way they have changed the work makes us see what a difference family night does or daily scripture study or praying as a family or going to church. They are making it so that for sure, however many missionaries that there are right now, we will be strong members who will come home and add strength to our units (wards/branches) and it’s crazy to me! That was something I thought was really cool.

So yeah, our ward is doing really well. We have several members who are really stepping up and giving a great example and we are really excited for all of them to start seeing the blessings that come to their families for doing it. I hope that you all are having missionary experiences or that you are having time to read and pray.

I love ya and hope you have a great week.

Love ya,
Elder Birks

No comments:

Post a Comment