Hey family! Well guess what? We had a great week! I will get
to that really soon. First, thanks for the Christmas stuff. All the 24 days
stuff and the decorations they have all been great. It was way hard at first to
open a package and have it just be full or more and not be able to open all of
them, but now I can open them so that’s been really good. The scriptures are
fun with it too. They really help it mean more. I got the caramels from Gail’s
family and those were way good. I have given several away to investigators and
members because I realize that they are so good that they might get us in some
hard doors, so thanks and they are great. It sounds like life is going on back
in Utah. Is it cold right now because right now it’s getting hotter here and
it’s really strange. Who knew I think I like snow but it is kinda cool to not
feel cold in December and be in a short sleeve shirt.
Well for some of the cool stuff from this week. We had a
great week finding people to teach. We found 9 new investigators! A lot of them
are people with so much potential. It’s crazy. We have been having some great
lessons in the last week and it’s just felt like some stuff is coming together.
It’s kinda sad though; Elder B* is going to die (go home) next week. It’s
really sad but life must go on. We have been getting to eat a lot of meals with members in the
area here and it’s really helping us get some people to help us teach. When we
go out we like to have a member with us because the lesson is always better
with a member present and with how great our ward is they are really willing to
come out and teach with us or to try and find with us. It’s been so fun.
We found this way cool part member family who haven’t come
in 8 years and haven’t met with missionaries in a long time as well. We went by
and just knocked on the door and were able to get in and just be with the
family for like an hour and they were able to tell us a lot about why they
stopped coming and all that. The best part was that they really want to come
back. They have 8 kids that aren’t baptized and they know that it’s true so
that one is just going to take some work with the members who are more active
to try and give them people who they will know at church. They will do great
soon. I’ll let you know more as we teach.
Well the work is going good. The people here are great and I
think we have a lot of good things coming.
I love ya’ll a lot and hope all is good.
Elder Birks

No comments:
Post a Comment