Monday, September 17, 2012

Who hit fast forward on my life!



What’s up family!! Well I will be staying in good old Clute for a little longer but Elder L* is on his way out. I’m not sure how to feel. It’s like happy pumped and sad all in one. It’s going to be really strange to be the one who knows the area now. My new companion will probably be a district leader as well so that’s good. They work really hard. We are sad but we know it’s all with what God wants so all is well.

 For now things are going really well and I feel that the work is going to progress. Well with J* his date fell through for the moment. He got way sick Saturday night and didn’t sleep well and was still sick all Sunday so he didn’t just flake out on us! Yeah! But because he didn’t come he has to get a new date so we will ask him tomorrow about that. Things are going good. We are having some people do really well that have been just kind of stagnant for a while like C*. He is reading the Book of Mormon so good. He is reading in Alma right now and he is just reading along. Some day we really hope that he will pray about it but for now he is just reading to know what it talks about. But if it’s in his hand I’m really happy. We have a good relationship with him now and he seems like he enjoys us coming over so we have hope. But when he really starts progressing we will give him to the other elders and they will get to see where he can go. We know the work is true. It doesn’t matter who is telling them.

Well this is going to be a really good week. I can feel it. The members here are doing so great. All the sisters are becoming friends and inviting each other over for food and things. That’s so good for this area! Also our less active members are really doing well and seem to be so close to making it back to church.

Ok so I have this computer that keeps freezing and I think it’s going to kill me. So I’ll just end and send a letter to ya’ll.

But first! So do you have a Preach My Gospel in the house? If you do, go to chapter 6 and I would invite you all to pick one Christ-like attribute that you could do better. For me I’m working on diligence. You should try it out. Like look up the scriptures and all that and see what you think. I will be trying to do it every week for the next little while and see what I come up with. After each study write down how it’s helped you to come closer to Christ because as we take on his attributes we will begin to feel His love in our lives more every day.

All right I’m going to get off the computer now before I have to kill it.  I love you all and will keep you in my prayers.

Love Elder Birks

No comments:

Post a Comment